As many, including UGN, predicted in 1998, the rule of ICANN has now come to the brink of turning the management of the internet over to entities outside the U.S. who may not be friendly to the ideals of the Internet. InerNIC should never have been taken out of U.S. government control — and should have never changed the accountability structure of the internet, DNS and domain ownership. You are now witnessing historic moments that will provide proof that the Clinton administration made among others, one of the worst decisions in the history of modern mankind. Now, the Democrats, partnering with foreign pressure, want to erase the last vestiges of accountability.
Call your congressman and let them know NOT to turn the internet over to the United Nations.
* Republicans urge administration to hit pause on Internet control transfer, push new bill
* Obama Administration Denies ‘Abandoning the Internet’
* House GOP leery of bid to end domain authority
* GOP Moves to Block U.S. Domain Name Shift
* GOP bill keeps US Internet control
and more . . .