The accountant for a U.S. company recently received an e-mail from her chief executive, who was on vacation out of the country, requesting a transfer of funds on a time-sensitive acquisition that required completion by the end of the day. The CEO said a lawyer would contact the accountant to provide further details.Continue reading »
How bad is it? Just recently there has been a real surgence in Phishing and spam-delivered threats. Since the beginning of the year when two of the major spam portals where shut down, we thought email-deliverred crime was ebbing. No such luck. Now it’s moved to hot spots in South America, Eastern Europe and places where ICANN looks the other way. Remain calm, and remain on guard
- If You Fall for a Phishing Scam, Should You Lose Your Security Clearance?
- Bitcoin Payment Processor BitPay Loses $1.8M in Phishing Hack
- Amazon UK customers targeted with phishing scam
- Consumer Alert: Debit card phishing scam
- Data Breach Investigations Report