We haven’t had an ICANN report recently because nobody seems to care. But the news is getting more and more disturbing as the underworld slowly weasles the internet away from accountability. As the new domains (gTLDs) prolifferate, the global group of elite geeks are getting filthy rich, and more powerful.
* BRS Media Appeals Decision To Award .Radio Extension To European Broadcast Union
* Why Shouldn’t ICANN Terminate Registrars That Have A History of Domain Thefts?
* ICANN plans on parting ways with the U.S. government late next year.
* World govts elect Swiss big cheese as their new ICANN point man
* Revised Enhancing ICANN Accountability: Process and Next Steps
* Governments look to apply the brakes to second round of gTLDs
* Gay community application fails, .gay domain name up for grabs
* Obama’s Chicago Crony In Charge of Handing Internet to Tyrants
* Pritzker to ICANN: we won’t let governments control the net
* ICANN summit launches .lat, the most Latin Internet domain
* In the wider world of domain names, the address is key
* Watching ICANN, denying hackers and controlling UAVs
* Donuts registers one millionth new gTLD address
* Internet naming to be freed from US oversight
* Call for engagement in WHOIS accuracy efforts
* Are We Destined To Surf The UN-Net?
* In new world of domains, .anything goes
. . . and more!
Remember : October is Cyber Security month! Cybersecurity, cyberwar, phishing, malware, and other dangers of the connected world — we track them all! This week all topics are combined into a much longer post, just to keep them all together. It’s all in the InfoManager this week . . .
* ACCA USA Statement on President Obama’s Executive Order to Enhance Cybersecurity
* Cybersecurity Pros and Academics Meet to Address the Latest Online Threats
* Phishing email delivers keylogger malware, also takes screenshots
* Obama to sign cybersecurity order, wants safer payments
* Russian Interest in Ukraine Now Includes Cyber Warfare
* North Dorset MP welcomes Government action on phishing
* 9/11 Commission Urges Senate to Pass Cybersecurity Bill
* Drupal disaster, POODLE, Ebola phishing scams
* How Ebola Could Make Your Computer Sick
* New Strain of Mac OS X Malware Found
* Breach confirmed by Dairy Queen
* POODLE, Ebola phishing scams
. . . and more!