I had a discussion the other day with a supposedly ‘computer savvy’ person and was quite surprised to discover they knew nothing about the sordid history surrounding the DNS system and ICANN. Like most everyone else, they were quite honkey-dorey about the internet, thinking it’s just fine and there’s no need to worry. That in itself is cause for worry.
- Cruz touts bill as ‘last chance’ to delay internet domain handoff
- Next Round of New TLDs May Not Happen Until 2020, Says ICANN
- Chinese firms jump on trading opportunity in new domain names
- ICANN, RySG Propose Amendment to New gTLD Registry Agreement
- ICANN vs. the Federal Reserve
- ICANN sued by gTLD applicant