We haven’t had an ICANN report recently because nobody seems to care. But the news is getting more and more disturbing as the underworld slowly weasles the internet away from accountability. As the new domains (gTLDs) prolifferate, the global group of elite geeks are getting filthy rich, and more powerful.
* BRS Media Appeals Decision To Award .Radio Extension To European Broadcast Union
* Why Shouldn’t ICANN Terminate Registrars That Have A History of Domain Thefts?
* ICANN plans on parting ways with the U.S. government late next year.
* World govts elect Swiss big cheese as their new ICANN point man
* Revised Enhancing ICANN Accountability: Process and Next Steps
* Governments look to apply the brakes to second round of gTLDs
* Gay community application fails, .gay domain name up for grabs
* Obama’s Chicago Crony In Charge of Handing Internet to Tyrants
* Pritzker to ICANN: we won’t let governments control the net
* ICANN summit launches .lat, the most Latin Internet domain
* In the wider world of domain names, the address is key
* Watching ICANN, denying hackers and controlling UAVs
* Donuts registers one millionth new gTLD address
* Internet naming to be freed from US oversight
* Call for engagement in WHOIS accuracy efforts
* Are We Destined To Surf The UN-Net?
* In new world of domains, .anything goes
. . . and more!
You’ve heard me talk about KnujOn many times before. Although SpamCop discontinued their pop email services, the fight against spam, phishing and all kinds of illicit online cybercrime goes on. KnujOn is an all volunteer, unfunded initiative. We are committed to this solution and appreciate your patience while we work our way through the maze of Internet bureaucracy to reduce illicit traffic and spam. The following is the latest update about their ICANN investigation …Continue reading »