You’ve heard the old adage about leading a horse to water? I was astounded at some of the reactions to last week’s ICANN report from our supposedly intelligent readership. I was getting terse, arrogant comments ranging from complete denial to “we’ll see.” Interestingly, none of the responders were there. So it’s a scary indication of today’s arrogant, connected society. But maybe I really am just crying the sky is falling. At the end of the day, I guess I’ll have to agree to ‘wait and see’ because the deal went through.
- Hostile Foreign Governments Will Use Obama’s Internet Surrender to Their Advantage
- AP EXPLAINS: What’s at stake as US cedes internet control
- 3 States Sue to Block Transfer of US Internet Control
- Explained: The controversy over ICANN
- A Better Plan for Internet Governance