Attempting to save the internet by alerting everyone of ICANN’s grave future is like herding cats. Every expert and his brother out there thinks this is the best thing since sliced bread just because the Obama administration says so. Nobody remembers all the evils awaiting the opportunity of getting their hands on the internet. The same thing happened when the Clinton administration gave away the domain naming system to international ‘shareholders’ — opening the floodgates to all the phishing, cybercrime and fraud now brought to us by ICANN’s rogue registrars.
Where will it end? Nobody really knows because those Clinton ‘shareholders’ are not telling why their nonprofit ICANN made over 60 million of profits since January — and what’s worse, nobody’s asking and nobody cares. Anyone fighting the total loss of the internet in Congress is being ciminalized by the media. So just remember, you were warned.
- U.S. abandoning oversight of Internet? What’s really going to change?
- CoE calls on ICANN to strengthen protections for privacy, expression
- U.S. plan to cede Internet domain control on track: ICANN head
- Hands tied, ICANN rakes in 60-million selling dot-names?
- Internet .porn and .adult domains open to buyers
- A Critical Moment For The Future Of The Internet
- Why Internet Freedom Is at Stake
- Fred Krueger: “Why I Hate ICANN”
- and more!