As many of you know, Safenetting and UGN have been participating and volunteers for both Spamcop and Knujon since their beginning. Some of you may also remember our infographic two years ago illustrating the evidence of a major complaint to ICANN — which brought no response or resove from ICANN. Now, thanks to the dilligent work of Knujon’s director Garth Bruen, almost two years of battling has finally gotten through to ICANN and the criminal, rogue registrar “BizCn” has been brought down!Continue reading »
We haven’t had an ICANN report recently because nobody seems to care. But the news is getting more and more disturbing as the underworld slowly weasles the internet away from accountability. As the new domains (gTLDs) prolifferate, the global group of elite geeks are getting filthy rich, and more powerful.
* BRS Media Appeals Decision To Award .Radio Extension To European Broadcast Union
* Why Shouldn’t ICANN Terminate Registrars That Have A History of Domain Thefts?
* ICANN plans on parting ways with the U.S. government late next year.
* World govts elect Swiss big cheese as their new ICANN point man
* Revised Enhancing ICANN Accountability: Process and Next Steps
* Governments look to apply the brakes to second round of gTLDs
* Gay community application fails, .gay domain name up for grabs
* Obama’s Chicago Crony In Charge of Handing Internet to Tyrants
* Pritzker to ICANN: we won’t let governments control the net
* ICANN summit launches .lat, the most Latin Internet domain
* In the wider world of domain names, the address is key
* Watching ICANN, denying hackers and controlling UAVs
* Donuts registers one millionth new gTLD address
* Internet naming to be freed from US oversight
* Call for engagement in WHOIS accuracy efforts
* Are We Destined To Surf The UN-Net?
* In new world of domains, .anything goes
. . . and more!