Cyber Security Update: Hackers, China, Trump, Putin, Russia, Yahoo, RNC, the White House, and much more!
As each day goes by, the state of cyber world gets more and more outrageous. Thanks to Trump the predator media has suddenly become accutly aware of the cyber war and all the risks that lie just below the horizon of the nearest internet connection. Talking heads pontificate ad nauseam about the Russian hack and what’s happening next. Suddenly they’ve discovered the threats we’ve been talking about since 2008. First Obama said he wouldn’t do anything (see last week’s InfoManager), now he says he is. People seem to think this is the first time, or that it was specifically Putin supporting Trump. What twits. But seriously folks, this is the season to be hyper aware of your surroundings and what you’re doing to protect yourself. And of course, Safenetting and the InfoManager are there for you!
- Demonization of Putin as “Personally” Behind Clinton Hack Is Old Propaganda Technique
- New York’s cybersecurity regulations may seem burdensome, but they’re necessary
- Germany’s Cyber Security Watchdog Urges Yahoo Users to Switch Email Providers
- Don’t let cybercriminals ruin Christmas: Beware these 12 threats
- Phishing scam using Microsoft and MasterCard documents as bait
- Cybersecurity skills gap: it’s big and it’s bad for security
- Hack Attempt On RNC “Doesn’t Fit The White House Narrative”
- Putin launches ‘propaganda campaign’ against Britain
- 2017 Will Be The Year Of Cyber Warfare
- Bogus Police Emails Circulating
ALERT Be very careful what you click! Many of the sites listed below employ stalker links! LOOK FOR the Firefox ‘READER’ icon in the address window to read the articles without the risks! (More here)Continue reading »