One of the strongest predicters of where the internet and web are going is ICANN. Following the antics of these Bozos can give you some insights into what to expect. Generally we follow how they figure in phishing, malware and all manner of cybercrime, but as they evolve new root domains, it’s going to get really nasty!
* National Association Of Realtors: Do Not To Pay Preregister .Realtor Domains They Will Be Free
* The English-language internet just grew by a third—but you probably won’t notice
* Top Level Domain Holdings’ .KIWI Clears Penultimate Step Towards Going Live
* The Applicant Auction team is heading to ICANN 48 in Buenos Aires
* GoDaddy kicks off gTLD land rush with first domain sales
* First Nine English-Language newgTLDs Delegated by ICANN
. . . and more!
We continue to be amazed at how stupid the people in charge are. Like the judges that decided the PayPal hack wasn’t that bad after all and plea bargained! And the ‘heads-in-the-sand’ media is ignoring India’s move to take control of the internet. Nobody will even make a whimper until the net goes down — but then it’s too late! Keep your self protected and help your neighbors get more aware of the risks they take! Here’s where we watch future history unfold…
* Cybersecurity Pioneer Warns of Consequences from Plea Agreement with PayPal Hackers
* Cybersecurity remains a global threat, says Paula Barrett of Eversheds
* Are Your IT Workers Putting Your Company at Risk? Yes, They Are.
* Indian government wakes up to risk of Hotmail, Gmail
* India to push for freeing Internet from U.S. control
* The National CyberWatch Center Holds Kickoff Event
* Bangalore: Ethics matter, just for the hack of it
* Microsoft Cybercrime centre to benefit Africa
* Huawei Deal in S. Korea Worries US Lawmakers
and more . . .