We continue to be amazed at how stupid the people in charge are. Like the judges that decided the PayPal hack wasn’t that bad after all and plea bargained! And the ‘heads-in-the-sand’ media is ignoring India’s move to take control of the internet. Nobody will even make a whimper until the net goes down — but then it’s too late! Keep your self protected and help your neighbors get more aware of the risks they take! Here’s where we watch future history unfold…
* Cybersecurity Pioneer Warns of Consequences from Plea Agreement with PayPal Hackers
* Cybersecurity remains a global threat, says Paula Barrett of Eversheds
* Are Your IT Workers Putting Your Company at Risk? Yes, They Are.
* Indian government wakes up to risk of Hotmail, Gmail
* India to push for freeing Internet from U.S. control
* The National CyberWatch Center Holds Kickoff Event
* Bangalore: Ethics matter, just for the hack of it
* Microsoft Cybercrime centre to benefit Africa
* Huawei Deal in S. Korea Worries US Lawmakers
and more . . .
They’re telling us that the NSA has something to do with cyber security but hey … who would you rather have spying on you: NSA or the Russian Mob? Besides the fact that the NSA issues have nothing to do with the web, other than bank robbers using the interstate to escape. Oh well. The media will say anything to get more pairs of eyes. That’s why you can rely on the Cyber Security Infomanager at Safenetting:
50 top US cyber security experts write open letter calling for end to NSA ‘snoop-ops’
Social media – A possible threat to national security in Sri Lanka
Cyber security a big topic at Brookings symposium
Cybersecurity researchers call for NSA changes
Government to set ‘day of cybersecurity”
Stepping up cyber security
and more . . .