February was a busy month, and it’s tough to keep up with everything in the security world. Aside from Net Neutrality, the security situation gets more and more grave with each passing day. If you’re following UGNN, here are some of the highlights since our last update.
Rolling into the new year, there has been lots of noise from the government, and lots of lip-service from industry talking heads who think they know it all! Well among all the puff, and smoke and crap, eventually you’ll be able to eek out a fairly intelligent look at reality — cyber security is probably one of the most important issues of our generation. And as evidenced by over two decades of reporting, the InfoManager and UGNN keeps you in the loop . . .
Please go and look up unwanted calls to your iPhone at www.800Notes.com … 800notes is a FREE REVERSE PHONE NUMBER LOOKUP database built by YOU, its users. The strength is in our numbers – by sharing your pieces of information about unwanted telemarketing calls — you’re building a free and public phone number directory with information no other service can provide. Try it, and share it!
We’re just a couple of weeks into 2015 and already we see new concepts and new innovations in cybercrime and the way the cybercrime industry is trying to get your computer, your money and your identity. So far most people have wised up to the real threat posed by the internet … but we have to be vigilant and help everyone stay safe . . . they invent a new way to fool you every day! We’re staying on top, and the Safenetting Infomanager is keeping you informed about
It’s been a tough year for those battling cybersecurity threats and data breaches. From Target and Home Depot to JP Morgan Chase and Sony Pictures Entertainment, 2014 reminded business executives and consumers that nobody is invincible when it comes to cybercrimes. So, as 2015 approaches, one thing is certain: cybercriminals are becoming more elite, and a defensive approach is going to lose every time.Continue reading »
NOW is the season we wrench it up to high alert. Amazon is pumping out at least one spam every two days. Some online vendors pumping even more. It will be real easy for cybercrime to slip on in without many people noticing. Many people have not wised up to phishing, stalking, malware and the other evils that lurk in your email and on web sites. Why is that? We have to be vigilant and help everyone stay safe . . .
* Antivirus Companies Should Be More Open About Their Government Malware Discoveries
* Destructive malware that hit Sony Pictures similar to other data wiping programs
* How to find malware? It’s hidden malware here, there and everywhere
* Facebook Users Now Get ESET Online Scanner to Fight Malware
* Cybercriminals Preloading Chinese E-Cigarettes with Malware
* Apple entering a ‘whack-a-mole’ era of malware defense
* Malware alert: ignore that order confirmation email!
* Cheap Android smartphones pre-loaded with malware
and a lot more! Please share this!
On this eve of Thanksgiving, 2014, one thing we should all be thankful for is that they haven’t won yet. The battle rages on, but we’re still a bit ahead of the cyber criminals, spammers, hackers, perverts, politicists, scammers, drug lords, and body peddlers — Oh, they’re still out there — they just haven’t completely taken over yet. Safenetting and UGNN stands vigil :
Obviously, Simplex Solutions Inc. has been following UGNN and the Safenetting blog and Pinterest pages because they’ve decided to help everyone by developing and releasing Private Browser. This is a revolutionary new secure web browser developed for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch devices. Offering integrated Proxy technology with several methods of encryption, Private Browser features a clean and functional design and ensures fast connection speeds. This unique web browsing solution is based on the VPN Unlimited stack of technologies. Reliable methods of encryption guarantee ultimate online security while ensuring completely anonymous online surfing.Continue reading »
The elections are over, and amazingly enough the topics of cybersecurity, malware and hacking have been moved up to the front burner. Why does it take a decade for politicians to catch up with reality. The White House thinks it’s something new. Infomanager reported in 2004 that the White House is under relentless attack. NOW they decide to recognize it??? Oh well, if it’s about spam, phishing, malware, cyber war or security, it’s all in the Safenetting department of UGNN . . .
* 5 Questions For Expert Bruce Schneier After the Latest White House Hacking
* Financial Institutions Examination Council: Security Assessment Results
* Apple neuters iOS WireLurker trojan, researchers find a Windows version
* Wi-Fi traffic can be used as covert communication channel for malware
* ‘Dridex’ malware brings back Microsoft Word macro attacks
* Police can’t stop cybercrimals, but maybe insurers can
* WireLurker: A New Age In Mac OSX, iOS Malware
* Apple security checks may miss iWorm malware
* Clicking on free pizza could spread malware
. . . and more!
Remember : October is Cyber Security month! Cybersecurity, cyberwar, phishing, malware, and other dangers of the connected world — we track them all! This week all topics are combined into a much longer post, just to keep them all together. It’s all in the InfoManager this week . . .
* ACCA USA Statement on President Obama’s Executive Order to Enhance Cybersecurity
* Cybersecurity Pros and Academics Meet to Address the Latest Online Threats
* Phishing email delivers keylogger malware, also takes screenshots
* Obama to sign cybersecurity order, wants safer payments
* Russian Interest in Ukraine Now Includes Cyber Warfare
* North Dorset MP welcomes Government action on phishing
* 9/11 Commission Urges Senate to Pass Cybersecurity Bill
* Drupal disaster, POODLE, Ebola phishing scams
* How Ebola Could Make Your Computer Sick
* New Strain of Mac OS X Malware Found
* Breach confirmed by Dairy Queen
* POODLE, Ebola phishing scams
. . . and more!