Happy Valentines Day … facing threats of all kinds, including both Facebook and Mac malware attacks. Pass along this edition of Safenetting Malware Infomanager:
* Cryptolocker scambles US law firm’s entire cache of legal files
* Java-based malware turns Mac, Linux machines into zombies
* Linkup ransomware blocks internet access, mines Bitcoins
* The FBI is collecting its own library of deadly malware
* Bogus Facebook “Look Back” video pages spread malware
* Post malware threat: Stress on indigenous electronics
* Windows XP users: Read this before doing your taxes!
* FedEx Spam Mails Disseminating Mac Malware
and more . . .
The cybercrime industry is shifting focus to the mobile industry and they seemed to have selected their targets. The bad news is the easy millions they’ll make on the Bitcoin debackle, and Facebook now offers cybercrime the perfect platform for infecting a billion victims. But if it’s important, you’ll find out about it here in the UGNN Safenetting malware infomanager
* Facebook’s Suggested Posts are Advertising Android Malware Released Today
* OS X Trojan Hides Behind Angry Birds, Will Help Itself To Your Bitcoin
* Gameover malware tougher to kill with new rootkit component
* Variety of malware stealing bitcoins using exploited apps
* Sorry to say that Apple platforms are still more secure
* 98 Percent of Mobile Malware is Aimed at Android Users
* Security firm claims Russian government makes malware
and more . . .