These are dangerous times, and the malwre industry is doing very well getting victims to click their evil links. Did you get an email that reads something like this :
- Notification about the amount overdue from Crocs, Inc.
- Final letter before commencing legal action [Urgent]
- Recent invoice Heron Therapeutics, Inc.
- Your Walmart account is due immediately
- Your Amazon account will be closed until payment is received
Or sometims the subject line is simply “Document” or “Document #numer” and a number, or perhaps merely “scan” or “invoice” or “your order is held” — essentially, anything to get you to open the email, and stimulate your curiosity enough to open the attachment. Be afraid! Be so afraid that you quickly delete the email and empty the trash!