I wanted to remind everyone, that the 19th Annual Mac Computer Expo (MCE) is happening this Saturday, October 6th. It is the second largest west coast Mac Expo after Macworld in San Francisco. It will offer a full day of Mac and iOS tips, tricks, advice and hands-on demos at the Petaluma Community Center. Admission is just $10 at the door, $7 in advance via the event website: www.maccomputerexpo.com The event is open to the public.
- Mac authors Christoper Breen, Derrick, Story, Tom Negrino
- Podcaster Jeff Gamet.
Sessions offer something for novices and experts.
Topics include the following:
- Nine iPad Apps You Can’t Live Without
- Parenting in the Mobile Internet Age
- Leaping into iCloud
- Get Roaring with Mountain Lion
- Online Reputation Management: Tools to Help You Protect Your Name
- Blindfolded! Accessibility on the Mac and iOS Devices
- Ditch Paper, Go Digital
- Women In Technology Panel
Especially for photo buffs
- Turn Your iPhone Into the Ultimate Point-And-Shoot Camera
- Making the Move From iPhoto to Aperture
- Getting Creative With Photoshop
Vendors offering sales, samples or hands-on test drives of their accessories, software or other products include:
- Scan Snap
- NoteBoom Productions
- O’Reilly Media
- Boinx Software Ltd.
- Smart Motion Technology
- Data Recovery Center
- Prosoft Engineering Inc.
- Wanderful Interactive Storybooks.
Nonprofits and groups represented in the Trade Show include:
- North Coast Mac Users Group
- Santa Rosa Junior College
- North Bay Adobe User Group
- Goodwill Industries
- Petaluma Visitors Program.
The Data Recovery Center will accept hard drives for recycling at the event, wiping them clean before sending them to re-use. Goodwill Industries will operate a general e-recycling station at the event.
The Mac Computer Expo was formerly run by the North Coast Mac User Group, which decided not to produce it this year. Lorene Romero, who contracted to produce it for the club each year, is this year producing the Expo through her company, Sharp Tongued Consulting.
Sounds like a great time. Wish I could be there.