Kirk McElhearn has written this article for TidBITS. Since user groups can republish material from TidBITS, (with credit) this would be an excellent one to publish. He starts off with the basics of how to activate dictation in Mountain Lion and iOS.
The 10 techniques listed with more detail in the article are:
- Speak slowly, evenly, and clearly.
- Think about what you are going to say before you start.
- Dictate in short sentences or phrases, but complete sentences and clauses.
- In a noisy environment use a standalone microphone.
- Speak all punctuation.
- Say the “apostrophe” for for a possessive.
- Spell words or abbreviations slowly.
- In iOS capitalize words by saying “cap” before the word to be capitalized
- Edit errors from the keyboard. (Except in Dragon Dictate)
There is even a bonus tip in the full article. There is also more detail and some suggestions specific for Dragon Dictate.
See the full article here: http://tidbits.com/article/13156