The new iBank for iPad 1.1, is a major update featuring over 60 new features, fixes, enhancements and refinements. Coming just two months after iBank for iPad’s debut, the new release represents a significant step forward for the app with across-the-board improvements. The update is available now on the App Store.
James Gillespie, chief technology officer says
With the original release of iBank for iPad, we delivered an entirely new platform for mobile finance management…From that starting point, we were able to combine our own wishlist of improvements with great user feedback to develop the app’s performance dramatically. This is a big, big update.
Among the enhancements in iBank for iPad 1.1 are:
- Significant speed improvements (sync with iBank is up to 8X faster)
- The addition of interactive help throughout the app
- Superior feedback on sync progress and downloads
- Improved account downloading and investment support
- Refined accuracy in data handling and sync
- Numerous polishes to animation, graphics and user interface
- And dozens more fixes for overall usability and greater stability
iBank for iPad differentiates itself from other finance apps in several significant ways:
- A new subscription service, Direct Access, delivers mobile account updates from thousands of financial institutions worldwide. New transactions are downloaded via Wi-Fi or data connection in the background, without prompting – ensuring that all of your finances are at your fingertips, any time and anywhere.
- iBank’s attractive iPad interface presents a clear personal finance summary. Accounts are kept in one or more custom “books,” organized as needed. With just a tap or a swipe, users can access accounts; get details on accounts, budgets, transactions or investments; change pages, switch books, edit transactions, delete info and more – naturally and intuitively.
- Investment management has never been more elegant. Because the books in iBank for iPad resemble a set of financial reports, it’s easier than ever to review trades, positions, history, performance, realized and unrealized gains, market value and more. Portfolios update as changes are available, and users can drill down for security details with a tap.
- Simple yet sophisticated budgeting is a key component of iBank. Schedule regular income and bills, set targets for other earnings or expenses, track spending by assigning categories to transactions. Users can check budgets with a tap, compare current performance to previous months, review old budgets and more.
- IGG’s commitment to privacy and security is paramount: iBank for iPad is ad-free. There are no third-party services offered to users. Customer data and financial records are never stored, accessed, aggregated or analyzed in any way that benefits IGG or any other marketers. And IGG never sells, trades, rents or shares customer information.
Among other features, users have:
- Full manual editing and entry capabilities, including the ability to split, schedule and categorize transactions
- The ability to move books between devices
- Multi-currency support
- And many other powerful finance management tools
The app is written to take advantage of the iPad’s latest dual-core and graphics processors, its high-resolution Retina Display, and landscape and portrait modes. Version 1.1′s performance enhancements also allow the app to run smoothly on the iPad 1 (previously not recommended).
For automatic updating of transactions, new users of iBank for iPad will have the opportunity to try Direct Access for free during a 30-day trial. Maintaining the service will cost as little as 11 cents a day: just $4.99 per month, or $39.99 for an annual subscription; all options are available via In-App Purchase. Users of iBank 4.5.2 (now available via the Mac App Store or IGG) can use iBank for iPad without a subscription by syncing data directly from the desktop app over Wi-Fi or a WebDAV server.
Language Support: English and French
* Requires iPad with iOS 5.0 or later
* 18.8 MB
Pricing and Availability: iBank for iPad 1.1 is $14.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Finance category. For more information visit the IGG Software website. Category: RUN
Putney, Vermont – IGG Software, Inc., was founded in 2003 by developer Ian Gillespie to offer intuitive, elegant and powerful applications for individuals and small businesses. Based in Putney, Vermont, its flagship products are iBank, for personal finance management, and iBiz, for time-tracking and billing. For further information, review licenses, or to schedule interviews with Ian Gillespie or CTO James Gillespie, please contact IGG Marketing Director Scott Marc Becker. Copyright (C) 2012 IGG Software, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.