This story from the Guardian by Stuart Dredge is worth looking at if you have children that use smartphones and/or tablets.
According to the article, Disney had 2000 British parents surveyed who have app-capable devices. The findings included that 75% share them with the children, 56% said that they had gotten apps at the request of their kids and 37% consider apps to be a part of family life.
Neither Apple or Google have a Children’s category in their stores. This is list meant to help parents find apps.
Included in the list are the following apps by category:
- Art My Kid Made – iPhone – Free
- Disney Pixel’d – iPhone/iPad – Free
- Maily – iPad – Free
- Change4Life Fun Generator – iPhone/iPad/Android – Free
- Famigo Sandbox – Android – Free
- Lego Super Heroes Movie Maker – iPhone/iPad – Free
- A Day At The Circus – iPhone/iPad/Android – $2.99
- Rockford’s Rock Opera – iPhone/iPad – Free
- Magic Town – iPad – Free
- The Icky Mr Fox – iPad/Android/BlackBerry PlayBook – Free
Of course, this is just a sampling of the list. See the full article here: