Quixpace has announced Stitches 1.0, their professional level cross-stitching and charting application for Mac OS X. Stitches allows anyone to create and design their own cross-stitch charts, either from scratch or by importing photos, drawings and clipart.
With a focus on ease-of-use, Stitches offers powerful selection and painting tools for creating and printing gorgeous charts. When creating a design from scratch, users may choose from up to 450 symbols to assign to their colors from 427 different DMC swatches. Imported artwork is automatically converted to DMC Standard colors.
Once a chart design has been created, it can be printed faithfully in a variety of patterns, including an estimate of the amount of thread required. And since Stitches is WYSIWYG, what is on screen is what will be printed on paper and cloth.
Feature highlights include:
* Design charts from scratch
* Import photos, drawings and clipart
* Choose from 450 symbols
* Powerful selection editing tools: magic wand, select by color and more
* Powerful painting tools: brush, flood fill and more
* Insert text in every font available to the System
* Print symbols, color blocks, a combination of both or colored symbols
Language support: English, and Dutch
* Mac OS X Version 10.4 Tiger, 10.5 Leopard or later
* Universal Binary for PowerPC and Intel
* 512 MB Minimum Ram (1 Gig recommended)
* 5.3 MB Hard Drive space
Pricing and Availability:
Stitches may be purchased for 49.99 EUR ($79.99 USD). After purchasing customers will be emailed a license code to unlock the application. Volume discounts are available for hobby and crafts organizations.
Headquartered in beautiful Heist-op-den-Berg, Belgium, Quixpace is a privately funded company founded in 2005 by Kasper Nauwelaerts. Kasper has a decade of experience working in business automation and IT services, and founded Quixpace with the intention of bringing this experience to the Mac platform. Copyright 2005-2008 Quixpace. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, are registered trademarks of Apple Computer in the U.S. and/or other countries. The DMC Needlepoint Standard is a registered trademark of the DMC Group/DMC Incorporated.